ONE YEAR DIPLOMA IN HOTEL MANAGEMENT
(‘Food and Beverage Operations’)
AT ARKA COMMUNITY COLLEGE, TRIPURA –
Approved by IGNOU
One Year Diploma in ‘Food and Beverage Operations’.
Passed class 10 or equivalent and above from any recognized Board / University. Students appearing for the same examination are also eligible to apply. Maximum age up to 30 years.
The course comprises theory, practical & projects.
- Restaurant Service and Operation.
- Food Production and Patisserie.
- Communicative English.
- Reception and House Keeping.
ACADEMIC PATH SUGGESTED
The students undergoing the one year Advanced Diploma in F & B operation in ARKA COMMUNITY COLLEGE, TRIPURA can get credit transfer facility and can take admission in the Associate Degree programme of the Arka Community College, Tripura.
By 2011 – 2012, Arka Community College, Tripura (approved by IGNOU) will be providing courses which will be of two year duration called the Associate Degree programme and on successful completion of the course a student can get entry in to the 3rd year of the Degree programme of IGNOU
1) State of Art Training Infrastructure.
2) Uniform and Kitchen kit will be provided on payment of additional fees.State of Art Training Infrastructure.
3) Practical Journals will be provided for the following
- Food and Beverage Service.
- Food Production.
4) Library Facility with Journals, General reading and other relevant books.
5) Adequate Practical Training.
6) Industry Professionals for imparting knowledge and Skills.
Food Production and Patisserie
- Culinary History.
- Aims and Objectives.
- Methods of Cooking.
- Basic Prepations.
- Kitchen Equipments.
- Kitchen Organization Layout and Hierarchy.
- Buffet Preparations.
- Basic Bakery and Confectionery.
- Indian Cuisine and Regional Cuisine.
- Menu Planning.
Restaurant Service and Operation
- The Food and Beverage Service Industry
- Food & Beverage Service areas in a Hotel
- Food and Beverage Service Methods
- Types of Meals
- Control Methods
- Room Service
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Guerdon Service
- Beverage Control
- Language and Communication
- Remedial English
- Skill in Written English
- Oral Skills
- Developmental Skills
Reception and House Keeping
- Room upkeep & Maintenance
- Flower Arrangement
- Fire Fighting
- Army Canteens
- Cruise Liners
- Railway Catering
- Out Door Catering
- Guest Houses
- Dr. S.P. Gon Choudhury, Chairman, Arka Community College.
- Mr. Cecil Antony, Chairman, Group Synergy and Chief Mentor, NSHM Knowledge Campus.
- Mr. Amitabh K. Gupta, Chairman, Synergy Renewable Energy Pvt. Ltd.
- Mr. Rajib Chanda, Co-Founder and Director, NSHM Knowledge Campus.
- Prof. Amitabh Dey, Principal,NSHM School of Hotel Management, Durgapur.
- Prof. Gautam Ganguli, G.M.- Corporate Relations & Talent Transfer, NSHM Knowledge Campus.
- Prof. J.S. Isvar Prasad, Ex. – Corporate General Manager, ITDC.
- Dr. Subashis Maity, Principal, NSHM College of Pharmaceutical Technology , Kolkata.
ACADEMIC PARTNER NSHM SCHOOL OF HOTEL MANAGEMENT, DURGAPUR
NSHM School of Hotel Management under the aegis of NSHM Academy, pioneered the Hotel Management Education in the East. With over 14 years of experience in creating industry ready professionals, NSHM School of Hotel Management has been rated as 3rd(Nationally) – “ Hotel Management Institute of Excellence” as per CSR- GHRDC 2009 Survey.